An Update on Coronavirus 03-23-20
To Our Valued Customers:
At Viking Kitchens, the health and safety of our employees, customers, and our collective communities is our absolute priority. We are taking all necessary precautions and are closely observing all protocol advised by government agencies and public health officials regarding COVID-19.
Below is an update:
Viking Kitchens Corporate Office, distribution Warehouse and Countertop Fabrication Facility
- Our cabinet warehouse will continue to ship and receive with the following restrictions in place for everyone’s safety:
- Residential deliveries and existing multi-family buildings (this is does not apply to new construction) will be subject to either curbside delivery or delivery into garages or other covered areas outside the dwelling. Our drivers will not deliver inside existing homes or apartment complexes where there are occupied units.
- Our drivers will deliver wearing masks and gloves.
- There will be no exchange of paperwork. Drivers will ask for first initial and last name and note that on delivery paperwork. They will leave a copy with the material that is delivered. Please maintain at least six feet of spacing from our drivers on deliveries.
- Our fabrication facility will resume production tomorrow March 24 and we are taking restrictive actions to ensure our facility and office continue to operate safely. The templating and installation of occupied homes or other dwellings will be evaluated on an individual basis, while all new construction both commercial and residential will continue as scheduled where possible, but may be subject to slight delays.
- Only essential business personnel will be allowed in our production facility and corporate office. Our sales and design team will be primarily working from their homes and will try to use virtual tools including tools such as Zoom and Facetime when appropriate. Both the New Britain and North Haven showrooms will remain closed to the public until further notice. Other members of our admin staff will be working from home when possible with a small staff working from the office.
Currently, all of our suppliers are open but have all indicated that lead times may extend and a higher level of back orders may become likely. We will keep you apprised of any updates or changes in the supply chain.
It is vitally important that we all continue to communicate with each other during these uncertain times. As we move forward, I would ask if there is anything we can do to support or assist you, that you not hesitate to contact us. I will continue to provide updates should circumstances change.
As always, thank you for being a customer and for your continued trust as we manage through this time together.